The tuition fee in higher education is the amount you pay on a yearly basis to be eligible to study. The amount you pay, depends on different factors:
- whether you fulfill the nationality and financial conditions in order to be eligible for a study grant from the Department of Scholarships of the Flemish Community;
- the number of credits you register for;
- the amount of your 'learning credit'.
There are three tariffs that apply to the tuition fee:
- The regular tuition fee: this is the amount you pay if you are not eligible for a study grant from the Flemish Community and thus your tuition fee cannot be reduced.
- The partially reduced tuition fee: this is the amount you pay if the income, on which the calculation for the study grant is based, is maximum € 3.209 (amount 2019-2020) above the maximum income border as set by the Department of Scholarships.
- The reduced tuition fee: this is the lowest amount of the tuition fee. It is always a fixed sum irrespective of the number of credits you register for and the amount of your learning credit. You pay this tuition fee if you fulfill the nationality and the financial conditions as set by the Department of Scholarships.
Note! In most cases you are also eligible for a study grant from the Flemish Community.
The exact amounts of the tuition fees can be found on following links:
Request reduced tuition fee new students academic year 2019-2020
If you receive a study grant from the Flemish Community, you pay the reduced tuition fee.
In case you are not entitled to a study grant from the Flemish Community because you do not have sufficient study financing or bonus credits, because you are registered with a credit contract or you do not fulfill the conditions of study (anymore), but you do fulfill the financial conditions? In this case you may be eligible for the reduced or partially reduced tuition fee.
The staff members of the Social Services’ office can determine and calculate which tuition fee tariff you will have to pay.
- Request reduced tuition fee 2019-2020 for Odisee students
- Request reduced tuition fee 2019-2020 KU Leuven Campus Brussel students