Urgent need for medical assistance?
- ambulance, fire department or police: call 112
- poison control centre: call 070 245 245
- Students who are looking for a doctor (general practitioner, dentist, specialist, ...) can search for a doctor on the Doctena website. You can specify a language in which you want to be helped;
- Outside office hours: students who are in need of an urgent out-of-hours medical consultation can check the website for doctors on call;
- Emergency services:
- Clinique St Jean: Kruidtuinlaan 32, 1000 Brussel, tel. 02-221 91 00 (emergencies), 02-221 92 21 (appointments)
- Other hospitals: get a full overview on the website of be.brussels;
- If you wish to consult a psychologist or psychiatrist, we advise you to contact the STUVO+ student psychologists. Together with you, they will look into the possibilities:If deemed necessary, they can refer you to an English-language psychologist and/or psychiatrist.
- Students who are in rooms in Leuven or want to go to Leuven for a doctor's visit: a group of Leuven-based general practitioners have committed themselves to a network with the Student Health Centre. Those general practitioners are working towards gaining an expertise on student-related health issues, and employ the official Belgian health care rates;
- Outside office hours: students who are in need of an urgent out of hours medical consultation can check the website for doctors on call.
More information on health insurance can be found on the KU Leuven website.